Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Confession #1 (Craft Tutorial)

Hey everyone so today I am going to do another craft tutorial, but first I have a confession...
Confession #1: 
I'm not as into it as a was before but here's my confession. I used to be like crazy obsessed with making duct tape crafts, and I mean obsessed. I think this went on for like two weeks. For two weeks I spent most of my time making things out of duct tape. 

Things like
- hair bows
- wallets
- a folder
-a tote bag
- flowers

Now I know it may seem hard to make these things, but today I'm going to show you how to make the thing that started my two week obsession, making hair bows.
Making hair bows is extremely easy and I would say your first time it may take you about maybe 10 minutes but once you get the hang of it it should take you no longer than 5.
Things you'll Need:
- duct tape (2 6 inch pieces)
- a pair of scissors
- ruler
- 1 bobby pin

Step 1: 
Take your ruler and unroll the duct tape. Measure 6 inches and cut on the 6 inch mark. Lay the strip of duct tape on a flat surface



Step 2: 
Cut another 6 inch piece of duct tape.


Step 3: 
Lay the piece of duct tape on top of the other piece.

Step 4:
Fold the thick strip you now have in a fanning way fold. Fold once in front, turn over fold once. Repeat until you can fold no longer.

Step 5: 
Rip off a small piece of duct tape and place it in the middle.

Step 6: 
Determine the size you want. Then cut it.

Step 7: 
Grab a bobby pin and slip it under the tiny strip of duct tape you put in the middle!




And voila! You're done! It should look something like this when you're wearing it.

That's all for now!
Caelen out.





1 comment:

  1. That is soooo cute! I must try it out! :D

    xoxo
    Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete